Wednesday, April 20, 2011

31 Days...




The past few weeks have been so amazing and so productive! Katelyn threw a DIY night and so many girls showed up to help with the programs and favors! We knocked about half of them out that night and then several girls came the next week to help finish them. We got them done very quickly! That is such a huge load off of me and I am so grateful to those that came for all of their help! I'm actually glad that my original plan for the programs didn't work out, because I love the new design so much better! I've been able to get a few of the other small details done. I took my dress to have it altered about a week and a half ago, so I'm just waiting to hear back from the alterations lady to pick it up. The most exciting thing that has happened recently is that we closed on our house on Monday!!! We're officially homeowners!!! John Hoyt has been working so hard the past few days before and after work to get it ready for me to come clean and start moving in. After we got the keys, the first thing he wanted to do was mow the grass. It had gotten pretty tall and so he went out the next morning before work and mowed it. He also went to Lowe's and got new locks for the doors and installed them last night. He and two of his sisters (April & Jackie) and his brother-in-law were able to get the washer and dryer in! Jackie and April cleaned the laundry room and Jon and John Hoyt got the machines up the stairs. Everything is slowly coming together! I will be driving up to Athens for an interview for an assistantship tomorrow afternoon and then will be heading up to the house to start cleaning! I packed a bunch of stuff last night at my apartment. I got a lot of my little decorations all packed up and some of my picture frames in boxes as well as a bunch of my t-shirts and winter clothes. I'm planning on loading all of it into my car tonight so I can drive it up to the house this weekend. Next week I'll be doing a lot of packing and moving. This weekend I'm planning on doing most of the cleaning so that I'll feel comfortable moving all of my stuff in there and eventually moving in. I can't believe I have a little more than 2 weeks of school left! I'm getting excited about seeing everyone and about graduation! It's very bittersweet though because I'm really going to miss a lot of my friends that I've made here and my apartment that I've lived in for 3 years. It's been an emotional rollercoaster because one minute I can't wait and the next I'm sad. I am just so thankful for all of the blessings God has given us and I am really looking forward to our wedding! Oh, and for those that are interested, our wedding website is www.mywedding.com/evinjohnhoyt!

No comments:

Post a Comment