Monday, April 25, 2011

26 Days...

What a crazy, productive weekend!! I got to go up on Thursday afternoon. I met with a woman in Athens about an assistantship position and then drove up to our house (I like the sound of that) to start the cleaning! I ended up getting a lot done before John Hoyt got off work. We met for dinner and went to buy blinds for the house! Friday I didn't get to even go to the house because we were so busy all day. I did get to meet with our wedding photographer and I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about the pictures! She had some great ideas and I am really looking forward to working with her! We decided to do a bridal shoot before the wedding so that I could get some of the ones of me out of the way so she could do a lot of him on the day of the wedding. Sometimes, I think the guys get left out and I wanted to make sure I had a lot of good ones of him too. We're hoping to do the bridal session in a couple of weeks! We got to spend Friday night with our youth group for a cookout which was awesome! It was so good to spend some time relaxing with everyone.

Saturday we got up really early and went over to the house to start working again. John Hoyt's mom and two of his sisters came to help us and they were so great! We got almost completely finished with the whole house! The only thing I have left to do is clean the really high cabinets because I couldn't reach them and I didn't have anything to stand on. John Hoyt started hanging blinds. We got done around 4:30 and went back to his parent's to get ready for Easter choir rehearsal. After rehearsal we went to eat and then went back to the house to start unloading my car (I brought some things from Milledgeville) and to finish up hanging the blinds downstairs. Easter was great and we got to spend some time with his family. After all of the Easter festivities, we went over to the Butlers (the place I've been staying at when I visit him since I moved to college) and started getting all of our shower gifts and my stuff that we had stored there. It took 2 trips in 2 cars to get everything to the house. Right now it's all downstairs in the middle of the floor waiting to be organized. I ended up having to stay up there because I didn't feel well after we got done and drove back down to Millly this morning. We got so much done! Next weekend is going to be crazy too with moving furniture and more stuff and trying to knock a bunch of wedding stuff out!

No comments:

Post a Comment